Efficiency needs a strong drive
In long-haul transport, you have to give it your all – but not when it comes to fuel. As fuel costs generally account for around a third of the total ownership costs, there are many savings to be made by using efficient engines: after all, the innovative engines from MAN get more kilometres out of every litre of fuel.
New combination of tried-and-tested engine technology
- The selection includes the six-cylinder Common Rail engines D20 and D26 with 360 to 480 HP in Euro 6 as well as the new six-cylinder inline D38 with 520, 560 or 640 HP* in Euro 6.
- The Common Rail injection system reduces the generation of particles in the engine.
- The exhaust-gas recirculation (EGR) reduces nitrogen oxides in the engine.
- The two-stage turbocharging optimises engine tuning in the Euro 6 version. This improves the exhaust gas values across a wide speed range.
- The low-temperature cooling system with its own dedicated circuit makes charge-air cooling more effective in the Euro 6 version. Due to the increased heat input through the EGR and the two-stage turbocharging, the charge air needs to be re-cooled to a greater extent.
- The electronic "TopTorque" torque enhancer function allows the D26 engine's powertrain manager to make 200 Nm more torque available in the two top gears 11 and 12.