MAN Truck & Bus honours suppliers with "Trucknology Supplier Award"
Ten suppliers receive "Trucknology Supplier 2010" awards from MAN Truck & Bus.
MAN has been making this annual award for outstanding performance to ten of its suppliers since 2003. Around 1,400 suppliers play their part in making the trucks, buses and engines from MAN Truck & Bus particularly efficient and reliable. This year's prize-winners are distinguished for their fresh ideas, technical expertise, quality- and cost-conscious way of thinking as well as for the consistent and dynamic manner in which they act. The Indian company Brakes India Limited is an example of how internationalised the suppliers are. Since entering into a cooperative relationship with MAN as a supplier in 2008, the company has built up a record of excellent quality and of meeting its delivery commitments. Exemplary for the high level of the relationship existing between supplier and manufacturer over lengthy periods is the fact that two companies - VELDENER Präzisionstechnik GmbH and GPM Geräte- und Pumpenbau GmbH Dr. Eugen Schmidt - are each taking this award for the second time.
Bernd Maierhofer, Director of R&D and Purchasing of MAN Truck & Bus AG and Purchasing Manager Björn Carlsson presented the "Trucknology Supplier Award 2010" to the following ten companies (in alphabetical order):
- Brakes India Limited (India)
- FISCHER Licht & Metall GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Gföllner Fahrzeugbau und Containertechnik GmbH (Austria)
- GPM Geräte- und Pumpenbau GmbH Dr. Eugen Schmidt (Germany)
- Kronprinz GmbH (Deutschland)
- PARAT GmbH + Co. KG (Germany)
- PENN Gesellschaft m.b.H. (Austria)
- SAMAG Truck Components (Germany)
- Spheros Europa GmbH (Germany)
- VELDENER Präzisionstechnik GmbH (Germany)